Customer pre-owned set
This Signature version uses custom-made inter-stage Teflon hybrid coupling capacitors, replacing the polypropylene units, between the gain stage and output stage (2 per channel). The change in these capacitors results in higher resolution, extension, less grain and more
air. The 2uF output coupling capacitors (4 per channel) are replaced with 4uF Dynamicaps. This change provides more drive, bass extension, resolution and dynamics while also reducing grain. Highly specialized adjustable air-core capacitors, used primarily in the radio-frequency realm, are installed and adjusted to “tweak” each unit to a rigid standard. The five rubber feet are replaced with Harmonic Resolutions Systems’ Nimbus Couplers specially made for Aesthetix (Earlier Signature Saturn pieces did not incorporate this, please contact Aesthetix for this free upgrade if you have an earlier Signature piece without the Nimbus Couplers). This change results in a lower noise floor and more air and space. The cost of these specialized parts alone is about 1/4 the manufacturing cost of a brand new unit! Any tubes that can be bettered by our special stock of graded and matched tubes are replaced. Any other improvements needed to make the unit current are installed, including software updates, etc. A new lens with “SIGNATURE” stenciled is installed. Each Signature unit undergoes rigorous test procedures and listening.
Calypso is an all-tube linestage suitable for audio and home cinema systems. Fully balanced circuitry from input to output, including internal balancing of single-ended inputs, results in common mode signal rejection and cleaner sound. The innovative discrete switched resister volume control maximizes resolution at any listening level. Every input is both single-ended and balanced for greater versatility. Home theatre bypass mode, absolute phase setting and full function remote are added conveniences. The all-aluminum chassis is rigid, acoustically inert and simply beautiful.
- Fully balanced differential circuitry with ability to internally balance a single ended input signal.
- Zero feedback.
- Discrete switched resistor volume control with 88 1dB steps.
- All tube amplification and output (4 tubes total).
- Two sets of XLR and two sets of RCA outputs per channel.
- Bypass mode for home theatre processor throughput.
- Absolute phase, selectable via front panel or remote control.
- Full function remote included.
- Inputs: 5 line RCA or XLR (balanced), plus 1 tape, RCA or XLR
- Outputs: 2 RCA (SE) and XLR (balanced), 1 tape RCA
- Line level gain: 23 dB single ended (SE), in/out, and 29 dB balanced/out
- Volume control: switched resistor network volume control with 88 1 dB steps
- Front panel controls: main input, tape input select, volume, balance, phase, mute, display, and bypass
- Remote controls: main input, tape input select, volume, balance, phase, mute, display, bypass and standby
- Frequency response: +- 0.25 dB, 20 Hz – 20 Khz
- Signal to noise: measured at 70 dB minimum, A-weighted (ref 1 mv input, 75 dB gain setting)
- Line input impedance: 40 k ohms SE, 80 k ohms balanced
- Maximum line input: 3.5 volts SE, 7.0 volts RMS balanced
- Output impedance: 1K ohms SE, 600 ohms balanced
- Recommended amplifier load: 10K ohms or greater (SE), 20K ohms or greater (Balanced)
- Tubes, each channel: (line section) V1 (12AX7 or equivalent), V2 (6922/6DJ8)
- Power consumption: 20 watts standby, 60 watts active
- Physical dimensions: 4 3/8″ high, 17 7/8″ wide, 18″ deep including jacks
- Shipping weight: 40 lbs.