Kimber KS 1126 XLR Interconnect Cable
“I very much liked the KS 1126 and KS 1026. They communicate rich, delicious warmth with excellent definition. They have a character or signature that is very attractive and easy to listen to, though not invisible. The blend of silver and copper is very successful and most forgiving. The slightly slower, more rounded sound will compliment a giant range of solid state gear and some tube designs. These may be the perfect cables with electrostats or metal drivers. They offer a strong value and are most lovable overall.” — Robert H. Levi, Positive Feedback
25AWG Black Pearl silver conductors and solid core copper conductors deliver a synergistic blend of clarity and richness for spatial accuracy and firmly rooted tonality. A flawlessly executed marriage of Kimber’s fondest metals.
Using a mixture of Black Pearl silver conductors and their highest purity copper, Kimber Select KS-1126 allows you to benefit from much of the performance of an all-silver cable without all of the cost. Silver is used for the positive conductors while copper is used for the negative – an additional copper ground runs through the core – giving a sound that has more detail and a more authentic timbre than KS-1116. The proven Kimber Select spaced and damped cable geometry allows a soundstage that is wide and deep, amazingly fast and accurate, and inherently musical.
The KS 1126 features “studio grade” XLR type connectors with silver plated contacts.
- Kimber’s top-of-the-range hybrid copper/silver balanced interconnect.
- Three high purity copper and three ‘Black Pearl’ pure silver conductors.
- Unique orthogonal braid woven around Kimber X-38R core compound.
- Available as a RCA version, KS 1026.
- Hyper-pure, molecularly optimised copper and ‘Black Pearl’ silver conductors.
- Orthogonal braid.
- V-fluorocarbon dielectric.
- X38R core compound.
- ESD (electrostatic discharge) yarn.
- Studio grade Switchcraft® XLR connectors.