Silver Streak RCA/XLR Interconnect Cable
“Step up to superb sound with Silver Streak. Ideal for all “upscale” audio and video applications, fast, clean, and clear Silver Streak includes many advanced cable technologies found in Kimber’s costliest models. — Stereophile “Recommended Component”
Kimber Kable first copper / silver hybrid cable that builds on the performance of all the preceding models. Two strands TCSS copper and one strand AGSS silver provide smooth, rich, wide open sound with dynamic range and pacing way beyond the asking price. A true audiophile bargain that can satisfy even the most demanding music lover. The Kimber Silver Streak is the where all the Kimber superlatives come together.
A taste of Kimber Select at a fraction of the price. Silver Streak breathes new life into any system with gorgeous tonal color, impressive clarity, and focus. The complex geometry uses a single ultra-pure silver conductor to carry the signal and a pair of copper conductors for the ground plane, resulting in excellent speed and low-level detail.
Silver Streak incorporates separately insulated silver and copper conductors into the proven tri-braid geometry. The signal is carried via the same Hyper-pure, VariStrand silver found in the world renowned KCAG. The ground plane is comprised of Hyper-pure, VariStrand copper. This cable offers exceptional speed, clarity and spaciousness at a very reasonable cost.
Silver Streak RCA features Kimber’s excellent Ultra-Plate connectors, while Silver Streak XLR uses silver plated XLRs. Silver Streak is also available with optional WBT-0147 RCAs.
- Low loss fluorocarbon dielectric
- 3 wire braid
- VariStrand copper & silver conductors
- Nitrogen assisted hand soldered termination
- 2 Hyper-pure copper conductors
- 1 Hyper-pure silver conductor
- Fluorocarbon insulation
- KIMBER UltraPlate™ phonos
- WBT-0147 Cu option
- Attenuated option
- Balanced option with XLRs (uses 2 silver and 1 copper conductors)
- Single Ended
- (Cp) parallel capacitance: 53 pF / meter
- (Ls) series inductance: 0.75 uH / meter
- (Rdc) dc loop resistance: 0.061 Ohm / meter
- (Cp) parallel capacitance: 37.1 pF / meter
- (Ls) series inductance: 1.07 uH / meter
- (Rdc) dc loop resistance: 0.105 Ohm / meter