Timbre RCA/XLR Interconnect Cable
“…very good at defining the musicians in a specific space; in other words, imaging is first class for such a reasonably priced cable.” – Jason Kennedy
Non-shielded, classic Kimber Kable three wire braided copper interconnect will deliver deep, holographic imaging. Timbre’s has a great ability to pop a central performer forward in the soundstage with clean and clear separation of instruments. Get a glimpse past the what and into the “why” on all your favorite albums.
The word ‘timbre’ means the natural distinguishing sound of a musical instrument. They think it’s the perfect name for a cable that will let you hear the true sound of your recordings! It uses the legendary woven geometry and benefits from their highest purity VariStrand™ copper and fluorocarbon dielectric insulation. This all adds up to a level of performance that can compete with other far more expensive offerings on the market –it won’t disgrace itself even in higher end systems.
Arguably, Kimber Timbre is one of the best value interconnects in the whole Kimber range. Timbre single-ended cable uses custom UltraPlate™ RCA type connectors and Timbre balanced features “studio grade” XLR connectors with silver plated contacts.
- 3 Hyper-pure copper conductors
- Fluorocarbon insulation
- KIMBER UltraPlate™ phonos
- Attenuated version
- Balanced version with XLRs
- Single Ended
- (Cp) parallel capacitance: 62.1 pF / meter
- (Ls) series inductance: 0.493 uH / meter
- (Rdc) dc loop resistance: 0.057 Ohm / meter
- (Cp) parallel capacitance: 45.8 pF / meter
- (Ls) series inductance: 1 uH / meter
- (Rdc) dc loop resistance: 0.0822 Ohm / meter