Year End Promotion, while stock lasts.
WattGate’s 350i Ag IEC plug is the answer for those seeking perfect power performance. Fast, simple installation and loss-less performance were the focus of the 350i’s design.
Availability: In stock
The construction of the 350i is durable, featuring an elegant polycarbonate rear housing in blue with a durable hi-temperature rated front housing. Additionally, there is a dust seal to protect the wiring chamber.
The 350i has been designed to be adaptable to a wide range of power cables.
It has a powerful mechanical cord clamp with a removable insert to accommodate cable diameters from 0.300″ (7.62mm) to 0.655″ (16.63mm). Installation has been further simplified due to clearly marked, tightly-spaced, funnel shaped holes to guide the conductors into the unique Perma-Lock terminals.
The Perma-Lock terminals work in the following way: As the terminal screw tightens down on the contact tang, it compresses the wire underneath the tang, causing the screw to exert an upwards lift of the collar overleaf. This lifting action “locks up” the threads on the screw. Stress-relieving of the terminals is virtually eliminated. Heat cycling and vibration cannot loosen the screw. The real departure the 350 takes from the traditional IEC lies with the contact elements themselves.
The contacts are large and designed to possess a high spring rate to securely grip the connector on the component.
In addition, they add their three-layer plating process:
1. Oxygen Free Copper plating- improves conductivity
2. Electroless Nickel plating- necessary to prevent the leeching of the copper through the gold layer.
3. Silver plating- improves conductivity and prevents corrosion.
- Large, high spring-rate contacts
- Perma-Lock™ terminals
- Accept 10 to 16 AWG wire
- Accepts 16mm cable diameter
- Glass filled high temperature nylon front housing
- Polycarbonate rear housing
- Stainless hardware
- WATTGATE Three Layer Plating Process
- Oxygen free copper plating improves conductivity
- Electroless nickel plating necessary to prevent the leeching of the copper through the pure gold layer
- 24k gold plating improves conductivity
- Configuration: IEC
- Power Connector Type: Cable Mount
- Current Rating: 15A