New Year Promotion, while stock lasts.
Why build a performance power cable only to plug it into the same receptacle that’s been in use for almost 100 years? WattGate’s 381 gold plated evolutionary outlets ensure a no-compromise solution for the A/V connoisseur.
Availability: In stock
If you are building your own audiophile power cords to improve component performance, you’ll find the WattGate 381 receptacle essential. Quality of construction is top-notch, featuring polycarbonate front and rear housings. Mounting strap, rivets, and grounding strip are gold-plated brass for the ultimate in corrosion resistance and power transfer. Installation of the 381 is simple and efficient due to rear wiring and large, #10 brass terminal screws. Terminal clamps are gold plated, solid brass that’s shaped to better grip the conductors. A triple-wiper design allows the plug blades to be gripped at three separate points.
Additionally, the heavy-duty contacts maximize the clamping spring-rate and ensure conductivity. All plating is accomplished through a three-part process: oxygen free copper plating, electrolysis nickel plating, and finally gold plating. Receptacle contacts are cryogenically treated to reduce wear from plugging and unplugging. The 381’s non-magnetic material eliminates noise and interference caused by cheaper metals. To get the cleanest and richest sound possible, you must use Wattgate plugs and outlets together. Why buy the best audio components only to have them degraded by standard outlets?
Receptacle is rated at 125 VAC, 20 A
- Pure gold plating improves conductivity
- Heavy-duty triple wipe contacts for a continuous, perfect connection
- No magnetic materials used, results in noise free-audio
- Heavy-duty clamps with indented terminals secure hook-up wires
- Accepts standard house wiring 8 – 12 AWG
- All polycarbonate design for durability
- Phillips head hardware
- WATTGATE Three Layer Plating Process
- Oxygen free copper plating improves conductivity
- Electroless nickel plating necessary to prevent the leeching of the copper through the pure gold layer
- 24k gold plating improves conductivity
- Configuration: NEMA 5-15 Edison
- Power Connector Type: Duplex Receptacle
- Current Rating: 20A