Lumin’s FLAGSHIP model, LUMIN S1 adds DSD128 5.6Mhz support by utilising 4 ESS SABRE32 Reference DAC chips to deliver a total of 16 DACs per channel in parallel.
While LUMIN S1 brings greater resolution and a more dynamic sound, no stone has been left unturned to ensure that the characteristic LUMIN musicality is delivered. This has involved tuning every part of the system to complement these new DAC chips, including revising the clocking system and enhancing the external dual-toroidal power supply…
- DSD128 5.6Mhz playback and HDMI output
- 4 ESS SABRE32 9018 DAC chips delivering 16 DACs per channel
- New clocking system
- Enhanced external dual-toroidal power supply
- Effortlessly plays everything from DSD 128 5.6Mhz through high-res PCM to mainstream formats FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3 and Internet radio streams.
- Gapless Playback, On-Device Playlists and robust music buffering provide a superior playback experience, free from distractions.
- Precision-machined from a solid block of aluminium using the finest materials, LUMIN deserves a place at the top of any audiophile’s hi-fi.
- The highest-grade matching components, circuit design and spacious layout include true balanced audio outputs and an external toroidal power supply.
- A superbly natural, attractive and uniquely designed iPad app makes music browsing and selection a pleasure for everyone.
- Up to DSD128 5.6MHz, 1-bit
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- DSD 2.8MHz, 1-bit
ANALOG OUTPUT STAGE
- 4 ESS SABRE32 9018 DAC chips – 2 units per channel delivering 16 DACs per channel in parallel
- Fully balanced layout with high-quality components
- Output connectors coupled with dual LUNDAHL LL7401 output transformers
- External dual-toroidal
- Available in 240V and 110V versions
- Lumin (solid aluminium chassis):
- 350mm (W), 345mm (D), 60mm (H), 8kg
- Dual-toroidal PSU:
- 100mm (W), 295mm (D), 55mm (H), 2kg